Australia GST Services
GST registration Australia
Non resident businesses outside of Australia may need to GST registration Australia. If they are selling goods connect with Australia.
What is the GST threshold in Australia?
The GST Australia GST threshold is AUD 75,000 (AUD150,000 for non profit bodies). There are GST rate list in Australia.
Types of GST registration
Most non resident businesses are require to register for Australian GST. It can choose from two types of GST registration ‘simplified’ or ‘standard’.
Simplified GST registration
For eligible non residents, who make supplies connect with Australia,
- want to electronically register, report and pay quickly and easily.
- don’t need to claim GST credits.
- standard GST registration for non resident entities that,
- standard ‘GST only’ registration for non residents with a business or enterprise outside Australia that can claim GST refunds for Australian GST that has been paid (often referred to as ‘claim only’). With this option, you:
An entity has turnover below the registration threshold may apply for voluntarily GST registration. If the entity is carrying on business in Australia.
To apply for GST registration only, you must provide the following evidence:
- documents to show you are register with an equivalent corporate, market or financial regulator in your country of origin.
- a letter issue by a revenue authority of a comparable tax regime as Australia stating that you exist in their records and carry on an enterprise.
GST returns and payment
GST liabilities are report using a Business Activity Statement (BAS). Registered persons whose annual turnover equals or exceeds AUD 20 million must complete a BAS each month. Which must file electronically, and must pay any net GST liability. Monthly returns and payments are due by the 21st day of the month following the end of the GST tax return period.
Registered persons whose annual turnover for GST purposes does not exceed AUD 20 million must submit a BAS each quarter GST return. Otherwise they may opt to submit monthly. These registered persons may also choose to report some information annually. Quarterly returns and payment quarterly are generally due by the 28th day of the month following the end of the relevant return period. It may make by 28 February for the December quarter.
Persons whose turnover for GST purposes does not exceed AUD 75,000 and who voluntarily opt to register for GST. It may apply to file annual BASs and pay GST annually.
Entities that register for a “limited” registration must submit a BAS each quarter. It will not have the ability to claim any input tax credits on the BAS.
How long dose it take to cancel GST?
An entity ceases to carry on an enterprise must cancel its GST registration. The entity must notify the Australian GST authorities. It is no longer entitled to be registered within 21 days after ceasing operations. An entity that is no longer require to register may apply to cancel its registration. However, the Commissioner of Taxation is not require to cancel the registration if a business has been registered for less than 12 months.